Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Post Surgery

My ankle revision surgery went better than expected according to my surgeon.  How well it would go was a big question as I rolled into the operating room last Thursday.  After five hours of surgery, with the old hardware (prosthetic) taken out, and new hardware (prosthetic) put in, the results look good.  I'm grateful to the Lord for superintending the surgery and for so many people who prayed for me, my surgeon, and medical staff.  The Lord answered prayers -- praise the Lord!

Here are a couple post-op pictures that capture what my surgeon did.   War wounds heal well over time. In 12 months, you not be able to easily see these incisions.  Plus, the wool growing back on my leg will help cover-up the incision too.



New ankle prosthetic, "Air Lair 2.0."  It looks like there is air between the top and bottom of the prosthetic, but it's actually high density polyethylene.  Due to bone loss, my surgeon had to use cement underneath the prosthetic to give it a larger foundation and hopefully greater longevity.  I hope and pray this new prosthetic will last 10 years or more. 










1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you're through that and on to healing. Keep praising him and reminding all of your faithful endurance (Romans 1:5).